Updated: Dec 9, 2020
The aspirants to study in Canada need to acquire a study permit.
A study permit is a document issued by the Canadian immigration authorities. The study permit serves as permission for foreign students to study in Canada. International students are not allowed to study in Canada without a valid study permit. The students with a study permit are allowed to enroll only in Designated Learning Institutions.
Procedure For Acquiring A Study Permit:
You need to carry the Letter of Introduction along with all the specified documents to Canada.
At the airport, you would meet with an Immigration Officer.
Present the Passport and the Letter of Introduction to the border control agency officer who would then validate the same and if found adequate, issue you your Study Permit.
Eligibility Criteria for Canadian Student Visa:
The aspirants are required to produce the following documents.
• Acceptance by a designated learning institute (DLI).
• Proof for adequate funds to pay your tuition fee and living expenses.
• A police clearance certificate as a proof for your clean background and without any criminal record.
• Medical certificate that certifies that you are in good health. For this you need to undergo a health checkup.
Documents required for Canadian Visa:
• Valid Passport
• Proof of Acceptance by a Designated Learning Institution
• Proof of Funds
• Statement of Purpose
• Credit Card
• English Language Proficiency Exam Score
• Passport Size Photographs
• Immigration Medical Examination (IME)